HOBBY BLOGPOST #1

I cannot write poems about you.
I cannot write about how you bring me flowers every day because frankly, you almost never gave me any.
I cannot write about how you bend to tie my shoe laces for me because you never did and only said it’s corny.
I cannot write about how you show others how much you love me because you said it should not be their business.
I cannot write about how you see me as pretty like all the girls on the magazines because my beauty is not for others to assess.
I cannot write poems about you.
You don’t bring me flowers everyday but you planted a garden full of roses in my soul; a source of my lifetime supply of tummy butterflies.
I used your phone the other day and I saw photographs you took of a girl drinking coffee, a girl smiling while in the grocery,
A girl who looks happy in a bookstore,
And a girl sleeping peacefully.
All of them are unaware and all of them are me.
You see, I cannot write you a poem.
I can only see how much you love me without all the fads and trending ways.
I love you.
I cannot write poems about you because you are my poetry.
Click to view details

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Tour